Owner: Sun-Times Media Group
Date: Oct. 16, 2008
2 editorial board members were laid off. More cuts may have been made elsewhere.
Source: Paper Cuts tip
In April 2012, I left the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and the newspaper industry. After a couple of months off from this website, I'm now working on catching up. The map will be updated last; the total is current. Tips and questions are always welcome: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks. Erica
- Staffers Told Washington Examiner Will Cease Daily Publication
- This Is the Scariest Statistic About the Newspaper Business Today
- Are Ombudsmen a Dying Breed?
- Tribune Co. hires bankers to sell its newspaper assets
- Lee Enterprises lays off 10 percent of Provo Daily Herald staff, including top editor
- Washington Post Lays Off Workers in Hush-Hush Manner
- A Look at Newspapers Turning a Profit -- Yes, There Are Some -- and Those That Are Not
- Washington Post VP: Paper Faces “Urgent Need to Reduce Costs”
- Cleveland Plain Dealer tells Guild it plans to cut about one-third of newsroom staff
- Plain Dealer changes: Layoffs start in early 2013